Wednesday, April 2, 2014
A book by it's cover
Image above: Screen shot from the 'What would you do' videos on YouTube.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
The address for the Socialsense blog
The Thebarton Senior College Moodle
Appearance and judgements
Here is just a taste of some very interesting sites on the perspective of appearance and culture and the related issues of beauty, sexism, racism and difference.Plent of food fo thought, discussion and social ethics.
* Muslim Woman Discovers Friendly New World When a Winter Scarf Covers Her Hijab
* How people in Muslim countries prefer women to dress in public
* The burka ban in France
* Guy Brings His White Girl To Barbershop In Harlem...
* Holloween costumes and racism
* Supermodel wears Hijab for a day
* Anti-Muslim harassment
* Which place is actually more racist
* Finding cultural voice
* Body modification
* Little boys wearing dresses
* Advertising's Image of Women
* Girls wearing pink
* Muslim beauty pageant
* Fattening rooms for appearance